Antimony TriOxide (ATO or Sb2O3)
Antimony is represented by the symbol Sb with an atomic weight of 121.76.
Antimony has been known since ancient times, its symbol deriving from the Latin word Stibium. Most of the time, it is found underground in sulfite form called Stibnite (Sb2S3). As a metal it is mainly used as a component for lead batteries.
From a commercial point of view, the main compound produced with antimony metal is the Antimony TriOxide (ATO or Sb2O3). In 2012, its worldwide production could be estimated at about 120 000 tons. The main consumption sector being the flame retardant application in the plastic industry (cables, automotive, building industry and wherever protection against fire is needed for the safety of people and installations)
1. Used as a fire retardant in the membranes of plastic industry, the enclosures of electric devices and household electric appliances, such as PVC, PP, PE, PA, ABS, PU, EVA.
2. Used as filling, covering agents and retardants for rubber, ceramics, enamels, fabrics, and fiber products.
3. Used as pigments and retardant in oil paint and coating material industry.
4. Used as retardants in synthetic resin and papers.
5. Used as catalytic agent in organic synthesis.
Packed in 25 kilograms multiwall paper bags, 40 bags per pallet. Each pallet is stretch wrapped in polythene to prevent shifting of the bags during transit or as customer's requirements.
Antimony Trioxide HS Code: 2825800000.
Export Trade Terms: FOB, CFR or CIF.
Minimum Order Quantity: 1.0Mt .
Terms of payment: T/T, L/C at sight or by further negotiation.
Delivery Time: 15 - 25 days after receipt of advance payment or original L/C.